A Wedding Quilt For the Newlyweds
So you have a daughter or son getting married soon. What do you give the happy couple that would be very special to them?
Double Wedding Ring quilts are usually the first quilt pattern that comes to mind for a wedding gift if you are a quilter.
There are so many decisions that need to be made involving the making of the quilt.
- Have you ever made a Double Wedding Ring quilt before?
- How much time do you have to complete the quilt?
- How big should I make the quilt?
- Should I make it a scrap quilt?
- Should it be a planned quilt?
- Solid arcs or pieced arcs?
- Colored background fabric or print background fabric?
- White or off white muslin background fabric?
You may want this to be a total surprise to the couple. If so, you will have to be creative in getting the information you need:
- If the bride is your own daughter, you more than likely already know what her favorite colors are.
- Would the bride want the quilt made in colors that she and her future husband both like?
- Should you make the quilt from the color scheme of the wedding?
- If it is your son getting married, you could contact the bride’s mother for her opinions on what her daughter would like. She may even like to participate in making this special quilt for the newlyweds.
If you are unsure about making all of these decisions yourself, by all means let the bride and groom help in choosing the type of quilt they would like for their home; whether they would like a planned quilt in a few colors or a scrap quilt made of many colors.
As with any quilt once you have completed your project be sure to attach a label to the back of the quilt. This can be handwritten on a piece of fabric you cut yourself or a use a purchased label with lines and prompts already supplied for you.
Very important: Use an indelible marker made especially for writing on fabric. If you are lucky enough to have access to an embroidery machine, make a fancier label or make one using cross-stitch fabric and cross-stitching. The label should include:
- The name of the quilt (Double Wedding Ring or Wedding Quilt)
- To whom the quilt was presented to and for what occasion.
- Sign your name, your location and be sure to include the date.
Remember to take a photo of the quilt for yourself and include all of the same information that you put on the quilt label.
Congratulations to you and your family on the happy event coming up and may the newlyweds have many, many years of happiness together sleeping under the quilt that you made for them with love.
“Copyright (c) Monna Ellithorpe. All Rights Reserved”
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Monna_Ellithorpe